This article tells about interesting and little-known facts about the spring season. From the history and traditions of spring holidays around the world to tips on how to stay active and healthy in unpredictable weather this season, this article has something for everyone.
Whether you’re a gardener looking for the best flowers to plant in your garden, or just someone who likes to learn new things, you’re sure to find something interesting in this article!
Here are 20 fun facts about spring:
- Spring is one of four seasons and comes after winter and before summer.
- The first day of spring is called the vernal equinox.
- The vernal equinox occurs around March 20th in the Northern Hemisphere and around September 22nd in the Southern Hemisphere.
- The word “spring” comes from the Old English word “springan” which means “to leap” or “to burst forth”.
- Spring is also known as the season of rebirth and renewal.
- Some is the time when many animals come out of hibernation.
- Spring is also the time when many birds return from their winter migration.
- Some is a popular time for gardening and planting flowers.
- The most popular flowers to plant in spring are tulips, daffodils, and hyacinths.
- Spring is also a popular time for cleaning, which is why it’s called “spring cleaning”.
- The first day of spring is also known as the Persian New Year or Nowruz.
- In Japan, spring is celebrated with a festival called Hanami, which means “flower viewing”.
- In China, this season is celebrated with the Qingming Festival, which means “clear and bright.”
- IIn ancient Rome, this period was celebrated with a holiday called Ilaria, which means “joy”.
- In ancient Greece, spring was celebrated with a festival called Anthesteria, which means “flower time”.
- The first day of spring is also National Proposal Day in the United States.
- Children born this season are at greater risk of developing a number of diseases such as schizophrenia, bipolar disorder, major depression and anorexia..
- Spring is the perfect time to start exercising outdoors again after a long winter indoors.
- The weather during spring can be unpredictable with sudden rain showers and temperature changes.
- Spring is a great time to start planning summer vacations.
I hope you found these facts interesting!